Miele Earth Canister Vacuum Cleaner, S5481 Earth S5 - Marine Blue
Model Number: Miele S5481Earth
Automatic Eco Friendly Power Adjustment to Match Floor Type, Powerful Electric PowerNozzle SEB217-3, SBB300-3 Parquet Floor Brush,
Active H.E.P.A. Filter, 4.76 Quart Dustbag, Specially Insulated for
Silent Operation, Deluxe Handle
- Automatic Power Adjustment
- Electronic Rotating Powerbrush (SEB217-3)
- Smooth Floor Brush (SBB300-3)
We cannot ship Miele to CA, NV, AZ and FL. All orders placed to these states will be cancelled.
|Mouse Over Main Image to Zoom In |
This electrically-driven carpet tool with a 10 1/2"-wide brush roll with floating head and swivel neck design is designed for deep cleaning and restoring of crushed carpet nap on low to medium-pile carpets with moderate densities.
SBB300-3 Parquet Brush
A mixture of polyamide and natural hair ensures a gentle cushion for this floor brush which makes sure that tile, wood and other smooth surfaces are cleaned thoroughly with extreme care. It has a 90 degree rotation and is exceptionally agile at cleaning around obstacles such as table legs and in tight places.
Electronic Variable Power Controls
The Miele S5481 Earth offers electronic variable suction control via convenient plus and minus (+ / -) step-on button controls. Controls range infinitely, from 300 Watts to 1200 Watts.
HEPA Air Filter
The Active HEPA filter not only captures and retains tiny, lung-damaging particles (including dust mite feces and pollen), it also uses the same Generally Activated Charcoal filter (GAC) that the Active Air Clean filter uses to absorb odors.
Large AirClean GN Bags
Our unique AirClean bag is a 9-layer fortress of electrostatically charged material that traps micro-sized debris in the airtight vacuum chamber. With its spring-loaded, self-locking collar you're never exposed to the tiny, lung-damaging dust and allergens you worked to vacuum up!
33ft Operating Radius
The S5 canister vacuums have a 33-feet radius to use before you have to unplug and move to another outlet.
Is the Miele Earth the right vacuum for me?
The Miele Earth S5481 is fully loaded. The Earth provides all around cleaning performance for all surfaces and is perfect for medium to high pile carpets, area rugs and all smooth flooring. The automatic suction setting ensures you are always using the proper suction level for the flooring type you are vacuuming.
Included in the box:
- Miele Earth Canister Vacuum
- 1 x Miele GN Dustbag
- 1 x Miele AH50 Hepa Filter
- 1 x Pre-motor Filter
- SEB217-3 Electro-Powerbrush
- SBB300-3 Parquet Smooth Floor Brush
- Dusting brush, upholstery nozzle, crevice tool
- SES119 Electric Hose
- SET210 Electric, telescopic Wand
Miele canister vacuums are built to last
Like all products from Miele, Miele canister vacuums are built to a rigorous 20-year life design model... a Miele unique quality standard. In practice, this means that the machine must withstand a 1,000-hour endurance test before production can begin. A number of other critical tests are performed including a threshold test, a cable rewind test and a free fall test to ensure the durability of the machine and its components. All Miele vacuum cleaners - every single one - are tested before leaving the factory to ensure perfection. This steadfast commitment to quality and ultimate customer satisfaction is truly Miele-unique. And Miele offers a 7-year motor warranty.
Warrany and Reliability
- The standard warranty period is 1 year for vacuum parts and labor, and 7 years for motor parts and labor for Miele machines.
- The two fan motor design means that it extends the life of the motor by reducing the wear on the ball bearings and motor brushes.
- Each vacuum has a heat sensor which comes on when there is a clog and therefore prevents the vacuum cleaner from overheating.
- All Miele canisters have a dust bag change indicator to let you when the bag is at full capacity and needs to be changed.
- The amount of testing that Miele does before they release their machines from the factory is without peer in the industry.
Miele goes green with the Earth S5491
The Miele Earth canister vacuum boasts some of the most energy-saving advancements the industry has to offer. Featuring an AutoEco setting that automatically detects flooring (carpet, smooth floors) the Earth vacuum adjusts power for optimal cleaning performance and energy efficiency. Homeowners tend to think that the highest power setting is best for cleaning all surfaces. This is absolutely a myth. The high setting should be used only on smooth floors. Upholstery, drapes and carpets require specific settings for optimal cleaning and using AutoEco will not only save tremendously in energy consumption, but also will provide better performance and long term care for home furnishings.
Other 'green' features of the Miele Earth vacuum include: construction to an industry admired self-imposed 20 year life design model; the use of virgin polymers that are marked for easy recycling; cadmium and lead-free coatings; water-based paints; plus, low energy consumption. Miele vacuums are proven cleaner for indoor air as all fine dust and allergens are trapped in its unique Sealed System featuring a certified HEPA filter and unique filtering dustbag. Miele's revolutionary Filter-Bag consist of multi-ply, random-spun filter material and protective netting to reinforce the outer layer in order to ensure that dust and debris safely stays in the bag. Inside a Filter-Bag, air guides distribute dust evenly throughout the bag, achieving a 25% longer life cycle without any loss in performance. A downstream HEPA filter then captures even the tiniest of particles â€“ retaining lung damaging particles inside the vacuum.
- The Active HEPA filter captures allergens like dust mite feces and pollen and conforms to the stringent European EN1822 filtration standard, trapping 99.99% of all particles as tiny as 0.3 microns.
- The Sealed System construction of the canister keeps all the dust inside, providing maximum protection for indoor air quality.
- The Generally Activated Charcoal Filter traps chemicals and odors.
- The 1200 Watt Miele Vortex Motor provides strong suction with optimal usage of power.
- Miele vacuum cleaners are tested to last a minimum of 1,000 operating hours or an average of 20 years residential use.
- Pre-motor filter protects the motor from debris.
- AutoEco (automatic motor control) setting for optimal performance on any floor type while saving electricity.
- Impressive 30 ft. operating radius with a convenient automatic cord rewind switch.
- The durable ABS plastic body is surrounded by rubber bumper guards to protect furniture, and the independent, rubber, 360 swivel wheels won't damage floors and provides unmatched maneuverability.
- State-of-the-art soft touch finish is scratch-resistant with a contemporary appeal.
- Exclusive rib-cage canister design allows the air to continuously circulate around the entire bag, maintaining strong airflow as the bag becomes full.
- Large Air Clean dust bag with a 4.76 quart capacity that allows for longer use.
- Constructed of 9 durable layers to prevent sharp objects from penetrating the bag, the dust bag is spring-loaded, so it closes automatically for dust-free removal and hygienic disposal.
- Dust bag change indicator light alerts you when it's time to replace the hygienic bag.
- Filter change indicator light lets you know when it's time to change the HEPA filter.
- Safety Shut-Off prevents the motor from overheating in the event that a damaging item is sucked up.
- Silence Insulation makes for extremely quiet operation. Even at the highest setting, you can still hear the phone ring!
- Lightweight at only 13.5 pounds, making it easy to maneuver.
- Deluxe Handle Assembly is ergonomic, keeping the strain off your wrist.
- The Electric, Telescoping wand has two space-saving park positions, making it easy to store and carry.
- Auto Shut Off whenever the vacuum is placed in a park position for convenience and energy conservation.
- Comes with the SBB 300-3 Parquet Floor Brush (Twister) with genuine horsehair bristles, ideal for gentle but thorough cleaning of tiled and wood floors; rotates 90 and is exceptionally agile. It also comes standard with the SEB 217-3 Powerbrush for low to medium pile carpet. This powerbrush is more than capable of tackling the toughest cleaning jobs and is perfect for edging around furniture and walls.
- On-board tools include a Crevice Tool for tight spaces, a Dust Brush for delicate cleaning, and an Upholstery Tool for furniture and curtains.
- 7 Year Warranty on the motor and 1 Year Warranty on parts and labor.